Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Jokinen Drops Bubba A Line from Finland




I was ecstatic to hear the news that the Canes had reached a contract ahead of the deadline with RFA Jussi Jokinen. The Juice was solid from the time he joined the team in early February, selflessly pitching in whatever role whereever he was needed. And of course he became a fan favorite and local legend with his exploits in the playoffs.

Well, his status as a fan favorite probably spiked even higher when he took time out of his summer activities back home in Finland to respond to an email from Bubba over at Canes Country:

I am VERY excited to be returning to Carolina for the next two years.. It's been very nice seeing and hanging out with family and friends here in Finland. I started my summer training program last week. I noticed that the Canes drafted two defensemen from Finland this past weekend. They are pretty young and I do not know much about them, though.

I hope all Canes fans are having a great summer!

Best Regards,

Jussi Jokinen


The dude just seems like a down to earth all-around good guy.
Excited to have him back in the fold for at least 2 more seasons.

Kudos to Bubba for yet another scoop!

-m

No comments: