Saturday, April 05, 2008

A Bitter Pill...

Panthers 4
Canes 3

Man, that was a tough one.

(Maybe) I'll have a lot more to say on this later, but right now it's just gut wrenching. Have to say I had a bad feeling coming into this one, knowing that the Panthers would love nothing more than to spoil the Canes' season on RBC Center ice.

I'll be watching the Caps/Panthers game tonight, but have to admit I don't have much hope for a miracle. And to be honest, the Canes went 1-3 over their last 4 with the division and the playoffs on the line, when in retrospect one more win would have iced it. The Caps have won 6 straight playing catch-up. At this point, as much as it pains me to say it, the Caps deserve it, and I just don't see them choking this one away.
(not that I wouldn't take a backdoor into the playoffs, but it just would not be as sweet)

Shit.

I'm very proud of this team over all, but just very disappointed on this rainy April Saturday.

-m

No comments: