Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Hey Boston...

Thanks for nothing...and by nothing, I mean NOTHING.

Capitals 10
Bruins 2

How's that save percentage looking now Tim Thomas?

Even before watching last night's debacle, I was wondering to myself how the Bruins, who the Canes managed to dominate this season even when they were playing at their worst, could have possibly won 6 straight games and climbed as high as 6th place in the Eastern Conference? Had they been playing in the AHL for two weeks? That's all I can figure after Monday's debacle.

All props to the Capitals for absolutely pummeling an opponent who obviously had no interest in playing the game on Monday. And they did not even have to break a sweat to do so.

If there is any justice, the hockey gods will reward the Bruins for their lack of passion and lack of effort with a 10 or 12 game losing streak.

I'm not sure if this game can be used as an accurate gauge of how much the Capitals have improved with their trade deadline acquisitions, but they looked pretty darn impressive to me...at least we know they can find the net early and often when there's no defense to oppose them.


-m

No comments: