Monday, May 28, 2007

AT LAST - The Return Of Hockey!!

At long last, the time is nigh. The Stanley Cup Finals have arrived.
I'm not sure why the NHL decided that it would be a good idea to have a 5 day break between the end of the conference finals and the beginning of the finals. Just what the sport needs, eh, to drop out of the sports cycle for a week. Brilliant!!
All I know is that I have been in total withdrawal. Going from hockey every night for a month and a half to having to resort to actually watching the NBA playoffs. Thank God Lord Stanley is here to save me from that.

Seeing as how my prediction at the beginning of the playoffs of a Buffalo-Vancouver final was not even close, I'm not sure if I should even hazzard a prediction on the Finals. But, I'm thinking it will be Anaheim in 6. I'll be pulling for the Senators, but in goal, Anaheim seems to have a sizeable advantage, despite Ray Emery playing well throughout the playoffs. Anaheim is so tough on the blue line with Pronger, Niedameyer and crew, and so physical up front. Ottawa's big line (Heatley, Alfredsson and Spezza) could have a tough time breaking through, and I just don't see enough scoring depth for the Sens. But I've been proven wrong on that throughout the playoffs so far. Hard for me to dislike or pull against either of these teams going in, but I'll be rooting for the Sens for my friend Jeremy. Let's just hope for a good series.

TIme to crank up the DVR and get things rolling. One more series of hockey.
Bittersweet as a Canes fan, as someone else will be raising the Cup.
But as a hockey fan, there's just nothing like the Stanley Cup Finals.

Let's get it on!!

-m

No comments: